We at The Vagabond's House are making every effort to preserve the beauty of Carmel and California by becoming more and more eco-conscious. From the amount of water, to the cleaning products and even to the materials used in our recent renovations, we are doing what we can to preserve the environment.
In doing these things we know we have only scratched the surface of what is attainable in this area. We welcome any thoughts, ideas and, of course, suggestions.
- Reverse-osmosis filtered water is provided in the rooms to avoid unnecessary plastic water bottles.
- Our bathroom amenities are BeeKind by Gilchrist and Soames. 10% of our purchases goes to UC Davis' study of bee colony collapse.
- By utilizing bulk dispensers for our amenities we further avoid unnecessary plastic bottles.
- We are moving toward complete LED lighting to save on electricity.
- We use as many chemical-free cleaning products as possible while still retaining the highest of cleanliness standards. Those with allergies appreciate it!
- When renovating, we use eco-friendly products (reclaimed, recycled or sustainable), such as our recycled denim insulation, reclaimed wood, and ZERO-VOC paints and primers from Mythic Paints.
- We compost and use composted fertilizer on our landscaping for both human and pet safety.
- Even our pens are made from recycled materials AND are fully recyclable because of their soy ink!
- Our guests can contribute by requesting sheet and towel changes only when necessary during their stay. This helps us conserve water as well as restricting the resultant air and water pollutants.
- We do not use single serve items for breakfast such as juice, jam and cream cheese packets, etc. Further eliminating unnecessary plastics.