We at The Vagabond’s House are making every effort to preserve
the beauty of Carmel and its natural resources by becoming more
and more eco-conscious. From the amount of water, to the cleaning
products and even to the materials used in our recent renovations,
we are doing what we can to preserve the environment.
In doing these things we know we have only scratched the surface
of what is attainable in this area. We welcome any thoughts,
ideas and of course suggestions.
Director of Carmel Boutique Inns
- Reverse-osmosis filtered water is
provided in the rooms to avoid filling our landfills
with more plastic water bottles.
- Unique Amenities eco-friendly soaps,
shampoos, conditioners and lotions (chemical free, recycled
and recyclable containers) are made available to you.
- LED lighting to save on electricity.
- We use as many chemical-free cleaning
products as possible while still retaining the highest
of cleanliness standards.
- When renovating, we use eco-friendly
products (reclaimed, recycled or sustainable), such
as our recycled denim insulation, reclaimed wood, and
low-VOC paint and primer.
- We compost and use composted fertilizer
on our landscaping for both human and pet safety.
- Even our pens are made from recycled
materials AND are fully recyclable because of their
- Our guests contribute as well by
only requesting sheet and towel changes when necessary
during their stay. This helps us conserve water as well
as restricting the resultant air and water pollutants.